What is a presentation?Presentations describe, narrate, persuade or communicate ideas. Presentation skills are necessary for personal and professional development.
Why we give presentations?We give presentations to:
- describe a product, an invention, a place, people
- narrate an experience, a story, a myth, a fable, an event
- persuade by presenting arguments for & against an issue, expressing our opinion on an issue, stating a problem & suggesting solutions, political discussions, campaigns etc.
- communicate in panels, debates, conferences etc.
How to structure a presentation?A presentation consists of a(n):
- Introduction, in which we greet the audience, present ourselves and the topic.
- Main body, in which we present the main points.
- Conclusion, in which we summarise the main points, invite questions from the audience and thank the audience for listening to us. We can sometimes get feedback from the audience.